Last Updated: January 1, 2023
- Visit our main website (www.FitKit.com) its subdomains (“Website”)
- Submit purchase orders or engage in other transactions with us;
- Communicate with us by email, telephone, mail, facsimile, or in person at events;
- Sign up to receive email, mail, or other communications from us; or
- Otherwise provide Personal Information (as defined below) to us, whether offline or online in the context of our relationship with you.
By using our website, or sharing your information with us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this PrivacyPolicy.
What Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
We may collect the following types of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, your place of business, job title, postal address, email address, telephone number, mailing or shipping address, and any personal or business contact information you voluntarily provide to FitKit Wellness;
- Commercial information, such as payment information (including your credit or debit card information, bank account details, and other payment processing information), information relating to your purchases or items you are interested in (including the products and services you purchase or receive from us, the items in your shopping cart on our Webiste, any information we receive in connection with your order, and information related to your online customer account you register on the Website). and credit information (such as names and contact information of owners and officers, bank references, trade references, and other information in credit applications);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information we automatically receive about the devices you use to access the Website or use our services, your IP address, the type of Internet browser used to visit the Website, how you interact with the Website and our services (including the areas of the Website you visited and the actions you performed on the Website), and information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies as described in the “Cookies” section below;
- Geolocation data, such as the city, state, and zip code associated with your IP address;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or other sensory information, such as photographs you submit to personalize products you purchase;
- Inferences, drawn from any of the information we collect, such as products and services you might be interested in;
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, promotion, request customer support, submit comments or questions regarding our products and services, or otherwise communicate with FitKit Wellness.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information from the following sources:
- You, such as when you visit the Website; order our products; submit an application for credit; communicate with us online or offline; sign up to receive email, newsletters, or other communications from us; or otherwise voluntarily provide Personal Information to us. When we request your Personal Information, you do not have to provide it, but if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with all of our products and services.
- Tracking technologies and other automated sources, such as cookies and other tracking technologies when you visit our Website and use our services.
- Third parties, such as other references, business partners, social and other third parties with whom we interact.
- B2B Organizations* - Product obtained/purchased by organizations (sometimes corporations, governments, hospitals, universities and other organizations and groups (“Organization(s)”) wish to make FitKit Wellness Products available to their employees and their families, clients, members, patients, customers, residents or others (“Recipient(s)”).
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information as outlined below:
- Provide you with products and services. We may use your Personal Information to provide you with products and services, including to process and fulfill your orders; process your payment card and other transactions; send you invoices; evaluate any credit application you submit to us and, if applicable, extend credit to you; administer and maintain your customer account and send you communications related to your orders and our products and services.
- Build and maintain our customer relationships, including through marketing. We may use your Personal Information to improve your experience with our products and services, send you marketing messages about products or services that may be of interest to you, send you informational newsletters, provide you with customer service, and showcase our products to you at events. We may also draw inferences from the Personal Information you provide to us, such as information about your preferences, characteristics, and interest in our products and services.
- Improve the Website and our product and service offerings. We may use your Personal Information to understand who is visiting the Wesite, using our services, and purchasing our products, perform market research and analysis, analyze how the Website or our services are being used and accessed, improve the functionality of the Website and your user experience, conduct quality assurance activities, perform internal business reviews, and develop new product offerings and services.
- Comply with our legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings. We may use your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control (whether in whole or in part).
- *B2B Organizations:
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information as outlined below:
- Our Account Executives. We may disclose your name and contact information (such as email address) to one or more of our Account Executives if you purchase a product or submit an inquiry or request. “Account Executives” refers to a FitKit Wellness sales representatives who represent our product lines Our Account Executives may communicate with you to assist with your request, inquiry, or transaction; send you marketing messages about our products and services; or support our customer relationship with you.
- To our business partners. We may disclose your name and contact information (such as email address) to our business partners, including our product manufacturers and vendors, so that they can provide products and services to us.
- To our suppliers and other service providers. We may disclose your Personal Information in general to our suppliers, service providers, and vendors that perform tasks on our behalf, such as order and payment processing, order fulfillment and production, order shipping and delivery, invoicing or billing activities, data processing and storage, data security, marketing activities, and operating and maintaining the website and our services.
- To advertisers and advertising networks. We may disclose your website usage information to our advertisers and advertising networks. These third parties may combine information they receive from us with information they receive directly from you or from other third parties. They may use the information for their own business purposes, such as improving their own services or products.
- To public and governmental authorities. We may disclose your Personal Information in general to entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over FitKit Wellness, such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement, public bodies, and judicial bodies.
- To other third parties, as reasonably necessary. We may disclose your Personal Information in general:
- In relation to a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control (whether in whole or in part);
- To comply with your request.
Retention of Information
As a general matter, we will retain your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements, or as required or permitted by applicable law of harm to people like you, the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements. In certain circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We may use such anonymized information for various business purposes, including analytics and research, and may retain it indefinitely without further notice to you.
Web Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Opt Out from Emails and Other Communications
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails or other marketing communications from FitKit Wellness, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the emails you receive from us or by contacting us using the information below in the “Contact Us” section. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional communications regarding your order, your account, other transactions with us, or notices consistent with our legal rights and obligations.
Opt Out of Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Regular cookies generally may be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need change their settings separately. In addition, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with respect to HTML5 cookies or other tracking technologies.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of our Website may not work, and when you revisit the Website, your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Opt Out of Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Third Party Links
Notice to California Residents
Certain California residents have the privacy rights listed below. The rights listed below under the California Consumer Privacy Act and Shine the Light are not the same. To exercise your rights, you will need to follow the directions below.
California Privacy Rights
California residents may have certain rights concerning their Personal Information, described below.
- Request to Know. You have the right to request to know (1) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you; (2) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; (3) the types of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (4) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold, shared, or disclosed; (5) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold, shared or disclosed ; and (6) the purposes for collecting, selling and sharing your Personal Information. You may exercise your right to request to know twice a year, free of charge.
Please note, in response to a request to know, we are prohibited from disclosing your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, health insurance or medical identification number, and account password or security questions and answers.
- Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from or about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request to delete, we will let you know the reason for the denial.
- Request to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Your Personal Information. You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information.
- Request to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, please understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of the Website or our services.
To make a request to know, request to correct, or a request to delete under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. FitKit Wellness aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where FitKit relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Information that you have disclosed to us, but absolute security cannot be guaranteed. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account access information and to your computer. We urge you to keep your account log-in information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. We will endeavor to notify you in the event we become aware of a breach of the security of your Personal Information stored by or for us. However, we shall not be liable for any breach of the security of your Personal Information resulting from your own acts or omissions.
We use one or more secure servers for the Webite. By “secure,” we mean that the Website uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and that our web servers are capable of delivering 128-bit encryption. For example, when you make a purchase on the Website, your Personal Information (including payment account information) is transmitted using the SSL protocol and then encrypted (using industry-standard 128-bit SSL technology) into a secure database maintained by our payment gateway provider, which will be accessible only by those who are authorized to access the information and who are required to keep the information confidential. Please note, however, that your browser, not our web servers, ultimately determines the exact level of encryption. You may not be able to shop online if your browser does not support SSL or if you are accessing the Internet from behind a firewall that prohibits SSL transactions.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18. If we discover that any registration, transaction, or other submission of personal information is made by an individual under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to immediately and permanently delete and remove such information, with or without notice.
Changes to this Notice
FitKit Wellness, LLC
Attn: Customer Service
4307 Main Street
Grasonville, MD 21638