Butternut Squash SoupMarch 12, 2020
3 Tricks to Banish Sugar CravingsMarch 29, 2020
This recipe was originally published on www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Summer means lots of fruit and lots of grilling, so why not combine the two with this easy to prep and cook Kabob recipe?
1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Center Cut, Boneless (about 1 pound)
1 medium orange
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
4 cups cubed mango, watermelon, peaches and/or plums
Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Grate peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange; reserve juice. Combine orange peel, cilantro, paprika and ground red pepper, if desired, in small bowl. Cut beef Steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Place beef and 2-1/2 tablespoons cilantro mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Place remaining cilantro mixture and fruit in separate food safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bags securely. Marinate beef and fruit in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread beef evenly onto four skewers leaving small space between pieces. Thread fruit onto remaining four separate skewers.
3. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145?°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill fruit kabobs 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown, turning once.
4. Drizzle reserved orange juice over fruit kabobs. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
239 CALORIES 1.8g SAT FAT 28g PROTIEN 3.2 mg IRON 6.6 mg ZINC
* Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Nutrition information per 3-oz serving: Heart-Check certification does not apply to recipes or links unless expressly stated. 239 Calories; 5.7g Total Fat; 1.8g Saturated Fat; 2.5g Monounsaturated Fat; 69mg Cholesterol; 53mg Sodium; 22g Total carbohydrate; 28g Protein; 3.2mg Iron; 6.3mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 109.7mg Choline; 3.2mcg Vitamin B12; 6.6mg Zinc; 30.1mcg Selenium; 3.4g Fiber